Views: 4 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-12-22 Origin: Site
Kojic acid can be used to treat skin conditions such as sunburn, scars and age spots. The scientific principle of how kojic acid functions as a whitening agent involves its effect on melanin production. Melanin is a naturally occurring pigment in the body that gives color to eyes, hair and skin. An amino acid called tyrosine is needed to support the production of melanin. The role of kojic acid is to prevent the formation of tyrosine, thereby preventing the production of melanin. The reduction in melanin production may have a brightening effect on the skin.
Kojic acid is also used in some soaps. Many products containing kojic acid are intended for use on the hands or face. The main use and benefit of kojic acid is to reduce visible sunburn, age spots or scars. This will have an anti-aging effect on the skin.
Even at very small dilutions, it may help resist several common types of bacterial strains. This can help treat acne caused by bacteria in the skin. It can also relieve acne scars that have not yet subsided. Kojic acid also has anti-fungal properties. It has even been added to some anti-fungal products to increase its effectiveness. It may help treat fungal skin infections, such as yeast infections, candidiasis, ringworm, or athlete's foot. If you regularly use soap containing kojic acid, it may help protect your body from bacterial and fungal infections.
1) Anti-aging effect: Products containing kojic acid can brighten skin tone and improve the appearance of age spots and sunburn. Reduce dark spots can play an anti-aging effect.
2) Treatment of chloasma: Kojic acid may also help reduce chloasma, which is the darkening of the skin due to pregnancy.
3) Reduce the appearance of scars: Kojic acid can also reduce the discoloration of scars. Although acid does not improve the thickness of scar tissue, it can reduce the dark pigmentation associated with certain types of scars. Lightening the scar may make it less obvious.
4) Anti-fungal benefits: Kojic acid is also believed to have some anti-fungal benefits. It may help prevent and treat certain fungal infections, such as athlete's foot and yeast infections.
5) Antibacterial effect: Kojic acid can also provide antibacterial effect. It may help reduce the chance of common types of bacterial skin infections.